This was when a coach told me to take a bath. What a weird suggestion, I thought. We met over the phone, so they had no idea whether or not I actually needed a bath. -I didn’t, by the way!
I was however, living a busy life. And, the suggestion, more to the point, was to practice slowing down. In those days, I couldn’t fathom taking luxury breaks from all the things life demanded of me: work, house projects, studies, hobbies, social and more. You know the drill.
Showers were my thing, because they were hot and fast. Who, I wondered, had time for baths, anyway?
I did eventually take that bath. And, long story short, it led me to a process of detoxifying my life in a serious way, by releasing:
- wall colours I’d never liked,
- digital and physical clutter,
- unnecessary brain chatter,
- outdated beliefs, and
- people who no longer resonated.
This brought two major shifts –
- I became a human-being, releasing my overt human-doing tendencies.
- Finally feeling my true authenticity seeping out, instead of running from what felt out of alignment, I set up boundaries to protect what is true to me.
Only then, with the continuation of pure vegan care and detox did my body gave up being sick. Healing emotional dis-ease, was the final missing link in my physical healing process. I’d just been slow at reading the map of pain my body had tried, for so long, to show me.